Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things are heating up!

I think the heat has something to do with the 18 fluorescent bulbs that are now on in my living room.

I transplanted the last of the tomatoes into bigger pots today. There was an RL Grandpa Willie's but other than that there were no surprises. These were mostly spud leaf types and all from Dean Slater in Michigan.

The Genovese basil and Winter Density lettuce - both from HMS - that I planted a few days ago are sprouting. All the basil looks to be sprouting. I'm hoping half of the lettuce is just behind.

The bigger lettuce got kicked off the island (or planting rack) today to make room for squash! I'm putting it into 5 50 packs and 3 trays with 78 cells in them. The 5 trays are done tonight. Here's the breakdown:

50x Bush Buttercup
50x Baby Blue Hubbard
25x Sweet Meat Squash
25x Winter Luxury Pumpkin
10x Amish Pie Pumpkin
10x Long Island Cheese
10x Green Striped Cushaw
10x Marianna di Chioggia
10x Boston Marrow
10x Pink Banana
10x Guatemalan Blue
10x New England Pie Pumpkins
10x Sugar Pie Pumpkins
10x Strawberry Crown

Hopefully the rest will get done tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment