Sunday, March 25, 2012

Updates and more planting

Updates: Lots of sun gold seeds are up, the 6-8 Arledge seedlings are looking good and there's 2 or 3 Trinidad Scorpions poking through.

Today I planted 3 tomato crosses from Chris Makik:
  • Dora x (unknown)
  • Sugary x Prudens
  • Jolly x Prudens
I did a pinch of seeds each in a 4x6" pot. I don't know how many there were but if I don't get enough seedlings I can always plant more.

I also planted 4 types of greens:
  • Little Gem Pearl from Thompson & Morgan
  • Buttercrunch from Harts
  • Dazzle from Thompson & Morgan
  • Continental Salad Blend from Taste of Italy (T&M)
The seed is from 2010 so I heavily overseeded. If they germinate well, I'm going to have thousands of plants to eat as microgreens or feed to guinea pigs :-)

Lastly I planted two types of kale:
  • Russian Red
  • Lacinato (Dinosaur)
I remembered after the fact that I also have Siberian kale that I wanted to try but am out of potting mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment