Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More updates

Lets start with Sunday since I forgot to post then...

On Sunday I planted 8 six packs of parsley and 2 of cilantro behind the hops. I cut the tops off all of them to make them manageable - hopefully they grow back. Starting at the end of the hops row I planted 2 trays of cole crops - green and red cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower. They look rather wilty and water deprived now - hope they come back too :-)

I also planted 2 more six packs and 8 4" pots of tomatoes of various kinds and 9 eggplant. The eggplants look great, the 6 pack tomatoes look the same as when I put them in and the 4" potted tomatoes are wilted a bit. I need to get them staked as they are pretty tall and threatening to fall over. It was hard to bury them very deep because of the plastic.

Today I planted 4 rows of 'Sugar Buns' corn from Johnnys's just above the potatoes. Right as the day was getting done the UPS guy showed up with a 2400 foot roll of IRT plastic for me too so hopefully I can get that in tomorrow and start on the peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment